Third Place Seward Park is a general-interest bookstore featuring new and used books with a used-book buying counter open seven days a week. We opened our doors in May of 2016 in the Seward Park neighborhood of south Seattle. Our Seward Park location continues the Third Place mission of providing a gathering space for its community by hosting over 200 events a year, including:
- nationally-touring authors, such as James McBride, Marc Maron, Phoebe Robinson, and Timothy Snyder
- local authors, such as Anastacia Renee, Shaun David Hutchinson, and John Medina
- a monthly reading by The African-American Writers' Alliance (second Monday of every month at 7pm)
- a monthly Story Time for Grown Ups (third Sunday of every month at 7pm)
. We also host five monthly book clubs:
- Black Lit Book Club
- Booze & Lasers: A Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Club
- Lit Wits: A Teen Book Club
- Reading Through It: A Current Affairs Book Club
- Social Justice Syllabus: Borders
Third Place Books Seward Park shares a space with Raconteur, a full-service restaurant and cafe, as well as a bar serving craft cocktails and beer. Drink specials are available from Raconteur during book clubs and author readings.
Throughout the year, Third Place Books Seward Park hosts Give Back Fundraisers that have raised thousands of dollars for our local schools and community organizations. For information and to schedule a Give Back Fundraiser, see our informational page.