Paddle Pilgrim chronicles a month-long paddle adventure on the magnificent Sogne and Hardanger Fjords in Norway, where the author’s ancestors emigrated from to America in the 1850’s.
The narrative weaves together three elements:
Paddle: daily detailed accounts of experiences on the water and in the mountains.
Ponder: reflections on those experiences and their significance.
Pictures: award-winning photographs which bring the experiences to life.
David Ellingson has taught courses in spirituality, environmental ethics, human development, social justice and youth ministry at Trinity Lutheran College in Everett, Wash.
He is a:
- Lutheran pastor who has served on college campuses, congregations and in regional leadership
- Master Gardener and creator of the Rooftop Garden on the college parking garage.
- Former distance runner (Boston Marathon and Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run) and Hawaii Iron-Man Triathlete
- Kayaker who paddled the Mississippi River (2350 miles) and the Erie Canal/Hudson River to the Statue of Liberty (500 miles)
- Husband and father of five grown children and resides in Edmonds, Washington.