Third Place Books Seward Park is open for limited, in-store browsing and curbside pickup daily from 9am to 6pm. For the health and safety of our staff and community, customers are required to follow our Code of Conduct while on the premises.
While our in-store event programming is paused, we're hosting an array of virtual programming with your favorite (and soon to be favorite) authors! You can check our event calendar here. Our book clubs are also meeting virtually on Zoom.
Raconteur (our on-site restaurant, bar, and cafe) are closed. We'll be bringing in a new restaurant partner as soon as possible and apologize for the inconvenience.
Third Place Seward Park is a general-interest bookstore featuring new and used books with a used-book buying counter open seven days a week. We opened our doors in May of 2016 in the Seward Park neighborhood of south Seattle. Our Seward Park location continues the Third Place mission of providing a gathering space for its community by hosting over 200 events a year, including:
- nationally-touring authors, such as James McBride, Marc Maron, Phoebe Robinson, and Timothy Snyder
- local authors, such as Anastacia Renee, Shaun David Hutchinson, and John Medina
- a monthly reading by The African-American Writers' Alliance (second Monday of every month at 7pm)
- a monthly Story Time for Grown Ups (third Sunday of every month at 7pm)
. We also host nine monthly book clubs:
- Black Lit Book Club [meeting virtually]
- Booze & Lasers: A Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Club [meeting virtually]
- Drama Club
- In Translation Book Club [meeting virtually]
- Kids' Club
- Lit Wits: A Teen Book Club
- Queer Lit Book Club [meeting virtually]
- Reading Through It: A Current Affairs Book Club [meeting virtually]
- Social Justice Syllabus: Policing & Protest [meeting virtually]
Throughout the year, Third Place Books Seward Park hosts Give Back Fundraisers that have raised thousands of dollars for our local schools and community organizations. For information and to schedule a Give Back Fundraiser, see our informational page.